NAGLREP Board of Directors recently convened via conference call, and our final plan for the best results for the delegate vote is as follows:
We are requesting all NAGLREP members and their Gay & Gay Friendly Realtor friends contact their local and state REALTOR Association Presidents and find out if they will be participating in the delegate vote during the NAR Convention in New Orleans, as it is one of the last Convention events on Monday November 8, and not everyone stays for it. If they are attending and if you are comfortable reaching out to this individual and believe he/she will be receptive, let him/her know you support the Article 10 amendment, express why, and request they vote positively on November 8th in New Orleans. If they do not intend to stay, the Association can authorize another Association member to vote for the Association.
Once you have contacted your local and state Realtor Association President, please email us via email@example.com their name, telephone number, and a brief summary of your contact. It is important for us to know who has been contacted.
Other talking points are:
Why local and state REALTOR® Associations should support the Article 10 amendment:
1. REALTORS® hold themselves to higher professional standards. The Code of Ethics represents a “criterion of excellence.” If we hold ourselves to the highest level of professional conduct we should not tolerate discrimination against any person seeking our assistance as they look for a place to live.
2. It is good business. It benefits REALTORS® to provide fair and equal real estate services to everyone because we increase our number of transactions and enhance the success of our brokerage companies. Can we afford to exclude anybody?
3. NAR, as the national voice of real estate, should lead the way in opposing discrimination based upon sexual orientation.
4. As REALTORS® we have the fiduciary responsibility to our clients and customers to provide the highest quality of professional service and that doesn’t happen when REALTORS® close doors or exclude anyone as a potential buyer, renter or seller.
5. It is time for REALTORS® to stand up and say it is unethical to discriminate based on sexual orientation.
You may forward this link to other LGBT and gay friendly Realtors who are friends of ours asking for their support in completing the same task.
We look forward to hearing from you soon. If you should have any questions, please email or call us at 561-865-6117. NAGLREP is located in Delray Beach, FL on EST.