|Extreme Makeover Home Edition
Custom Modular 05/24/10
|Modular homes have been highlighted on HGTV, New Old House, The Washington Post, The History Channel, and many more. Last Sunday one of our primary suppliers, Palm Harbor Homes, was featured on the hit network TV show Extreme Makeover: Home Edition’s 2010 Season Finale. This is the first time that a modular home has ever been featured on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.
The house is built by Palm Harbor Homes / Nationwide Homes, the parent company of Discovery Custom Homes which we feature on our web-site.
Cutting Edge Homes has supported this project as much as we were able since before the show was filmed. We made an initial donation to help pay for appliances in the Williams home and a second donation that contributed to paying off the entire debt that the Williams family had on their demolished old home.
The home is made of 12 modules trucked to the home site and crane-lifted into position. It has 4,151 sf under roof, and 3,700 square feet of heated area. This home is Certified Gold under the National Green Building (NAHB) program and is ADA compliant to accommodate the father who suffers from ALS/Lou Gehrig’s Disease and the son who is a paraplegic from Spina Bifida.
A full solar energy array was donated by Atlantic Service and Supply to help keep cost of living down after the move-in. The time required to set the home and weather it in, was one full day.
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition aired on Sunday night at 8:00 PM on ABC.
If you have a family member, a friend, or real estate agent who thinks that a modular home is the same as a manufactured home, make sure they watch the show…those misconceptions are about to be shattered forever!!!
Here are several other articles about modular homes that we hope you will find interesting:
You can read the Bob Villa article titled Modular Homes Make Sense
by clicking this link.
The HGTV Pro article titled Building Off-Site can be read here.
Jennifer Openshaw is a noted columnist, financial adviser, and author, she has also noted the value of modular in her article titled Factory Direct To You which is an excellent read.
The Washington Post article titled Mansions Go Modular addresses the higher-end of the market.
After reading these articles, please email us and let us know if they have been helpful to you.
Additionally, we are very interested in hearing what you think of the show. After you see the beautiful Williams house installed on TV, please take a few minutes to let us know your thoughts by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to call or email to get your questions answered.
Thanks, I look forward to your call.
Cutting Edge Homes Inc.
P.S. Here is a sneak preview of the pictures from the construction of the Williams family home, and you can also see the Williams Family floor plan.
- NAGLREP Attends HUD Globe Release of HUD Same-Sex Housing Discrimination Study
- NAGLREP Attends White House LGBT Pride Month Reception 2013
- NAGLREP Welcomes HUD Secretary Shaun Donovan as Guest Speaker
- NAGLREP joins ILGA – International Lesbian Gay Bisexual Trans Intersex Association
- NAGLREP to Host 2013 Midyear Meeting in DC at Pivotal Time for LGBT Fair Housing
- Gay Real Estate Professionals assisting LGBT Families Navigate Home, School, and Safety
- NAGLREP – JEFF BERGER REALTOR & Founder Interview
- NAR votes YES to amend NAR Code of Ethics to include Sexual Orientation
- Gay Realtor Advocacy Call For Action – NAR Code of Ethics/Sexual Orientation Amendment
- GREEN Eco-Friendly Modular Homes by NAGLREP member Dianne Vernon